Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Dublin

I will be staying in Dublin after a RS tour. I need a centrally located hotel (near Trinity would work) and was hoping for recommendations. It might be too expensive but has anyone stayed at The Westin Hotel?

Would not be interested in Temple Bar area.
Thanks,
Barbara

Posted by
1203 posts

I went on the Ireland tour and we stayed at the Buswells Hotel. I stayed there before and after the tour and liked it very much. They even gave me the same room for both stays! It is in walking distance of Trinty college and easy to get from the hotel to lots of major sights. I would stay there again. Lovely lobby and great breakfast and lovely breakfast room.

Where is the RS tour staying in Dublin?

Posted by
154 posts

I was assigned to Trinity City Hotel. I would be willing to move to another hotel after the tour ends and I will check out Buswells.
Thanks

Posted by
346 posts

Another vote for Buswells. We have stayed there twice and it's lovely, and a great location, esp. for Trinity.

Posted by
15047 posts

Stayed at the O'Callaghan Davenport hotel after an RS tour and everyone on the tour enjoyed the hotel. It's less than a 10 minute walk to Trinity College.

On another visit stayed at the Jury's Inn Christchurch. Wasn't impressed.

We've done a huge research on Dublin hotels and I'm sure you will not find better, than we've identified (for same prices, we've picked hotels from various price groups) http://beautifulstay.holiday/Best-hotels-in-Dublin-for-every-budget

I fully reccomend Davenport, as Frank II suggested, but it is not a first-class option (cheaper than Westin and not same class).

If you can afford it - try the Merrion (a bit more pricy than Westin), this is simply the best hotel in Dublin, and it is in your location.

Posted by
154 posts

Thank you for your recommendations. I did check on Buswells and they did not have availability for my dates except for a room that was 10 meters. (the slightly larger room was not available) Unless I find a really great price/deal online for the Westin or Merrion they cost more than I am willing to pay. I enjoyed reading the information on http://beautifulstay.holiday/Best-hotels-in-Dublin-for-every-budget. The Davenport is a front runner at this point.
Thanks again!