Please sign in to post.

hotels in dublin

hi looking to stay a few days beginning of August in Dublin. Looking at city center hotels Buswells & Hardings. Also wondering if anyone has any thoughts on dockland area hotels such as Hilton gardens/custom house. Other hotel thoughts welcome.. lifts or minimum stairs appreciated. thanks for any input.. much appreciated!!!!!

Posted by
1172 posts

I stayed in the Docklands in July and really enjoyed the area. You can easily walk to temple bar in 20 minutes or so but are little away from the hustle and bustle. We stayed at the Spencer which was great. The included breakfast was very good. Walked by he Hilton Custom House every day and it looked fine as well.

Posted by
6 posts

We stayed at the Westbury and couldn’t recommend it enough. Very classy hotel located right off of Grafton Street. Great location with an incredible free breakfast.

Posted by
3122 posts

The Harcourt Hotel is an easy walk to Grafton St and St Stephens Green, and was among the most affordable when I looked last year. It has a lift and it is attractive and clean, with friendly staff.

However, what we didn't know is that there are at least half a dozen nightclubs on Harcourt St -- which looks like a quiet residential street in the daytime. From midnight to 5 AM (I'm not exaggerating) both nights we were there, the roar of crowds in the street was deafening. The hotel provides earplugs on the nighstand, so this is apparently a constant problem, not isolated to the weekend we were there.

Posted by
1014 posts

Dublin City Inn is in a good location and has a breakfast. Some times it is included, other times, you pay a bit. it is a 5 min. walk to O'Connell St. and the Spire.

Posted by
8396 posts

I looked at your post with interest since we are also looking at Dublin for a few days in August. I'm looking for easy walking distance to my top sights, air conditioning (just in case....), and a price within my budget. So far Jurys Inn Christchurch is the leader but I'll be watching people's responses here.

Posted by
545 posts

We stayed at Stauntons on the Green Hotel a couple of years ago. It's on the south side of St. Stephens Green. We found it very nice, it was quiet, great breakfast, and they have a restaurant that's open for dinner Tues - Sat. A small menu, but the food was great. Very friendly staff. No lift, but you can ask for a room on the ground floor and may get it if you give them enough notice. It's near the tram line, but we didn't use it.

Posted by
1019 posts

My 14day RS tour stayed at Buswells. We had an excellent stay there. I would use them again.

Posted by
15 posts

My husband, myself and our 4 yr old daughter (at the time) stayed at the Harding in 2013. Perfect location for walking to all of Dublin's main sites. Nothing is more than about a 20 min walk except Guinness. Clean, comfortable and great front desk staff. We took our daughter into the attached pub with no problems. We appreciated being able to get a late dinner when needed. Planning another trip in 2019, plan to stay here if available