Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Dublin

Hello,

Looking for some recommendations on hotels in Dublin...no more than 200-250 euro a night preferably but in location with good access to public transportation and near some historic landmarks...

Thanks

Posted by
959 posts

This seems to be a frequent question on here. We like Buswells. Some on here do also, others not so much.

I would like to add that we’ve stayed there on three different occasions now and have found it to be very clean and the staff exceptional, the last time being this past July.

Posted by
362 posts

We stayed at Buswells for four nights in August before joining a RS tour. It’s centrally located….we walked everywhere, but public transportation is close by. We really enjoyed it and will absolutely stay there the next time we’re in Dublin. We chose to reserve a double without breakfast, and I think we paid about €215 per night.

They have a cozy restaurant/bar onsite and it’s very good if you don’t feel like going out.

Posted by
16096 posts

I've also stayed at Buswells but had a completely different experience. One of the most disgusting hotel stays I've ever had.

A few blocks away is the Davenport. I liked it

Posted by
151 posts

We are going to Ireland next fall. This information is very much appreciated but it might be helpful to know when people stayed at these hotels. Recently or 5 years ago? Travel has changed a great deal since before and after Covid.

Posted by
9436 posts

Demi, helpful to know when you’ll be there. Prices vary depending on time of year.

Posted by
423 posts

Susan,
End of November, but now booked following all the lovely advice from this forum! Thanks Rick Steve's Travel Forum Members!

Posted by
1720 posts

In May 2022, we stayed in a studio "apartment" at Staycity Dublin Castle. The room was very small and did not have air conditioning (not an issue at night in May, but it I think it could be uncomfortable in midsummer, although a fan was provided). However, it was clean, had lots of plugins for devices (even USB plugins in the headboard), and had a bit of a kitchenette (enough so that we could put leftovers in our fridge or have a bedtime snack or a cold beverage). The location was excellent--VERY close to Dublin Castle, as the name suggests, and an easy walk to Christchurch and St. Patrick's Cathedrals.

https://www.staycity.com/dublin/chancery-lane

Posted by
20 posts

I stayed at Buswells in late May/early June 2023 before a RS tour and found it to be clean and very comfortable. It’s centrally located and I walked everywhere. My rate was 205 euros/night and I had a room at the end of a hall with 2 windows. I didn’t get breakfast there but found a lovely coffee shop about half a block away, Java Republic, that had muffins and scones along with very good coffee. Enjoy your trip to Ireland!

Posted by
3122 posts

We stayed at the Harcourt Hotel on Harcourt Street, walking distance from Trinity College and St. Stephens Green and around the corner from the airport bus route. It's also near the tram.

I see their website encourages calling to book direct, offering 10% discount for doing so. It doesn't make it easy (or even possible, perhaps) to see their rates. We were there in 2016 and it was one of the least expensive hotels we could find in central Dublin at that time.

It was clean and comfortable, with helpful staff. There was quite a lot of noise from nearby bars overnight, but we were there on a weekend when the weather was warm and dry, so people were outdoors having a good time. There were ear plugs provided on the nightstand, LOL.

Posted by
1206 posts

If Buswell's is in your price range and there is a room available, then that is a great place to stay. I stayed there several years ago on a RS Ireland tour and very much liked the hotel. Great location, easy to get to and from the airport and a wonderful breakfast, which I enjoy.

The staff was very nice, the lobby lovely and easy to get around Dublin from this hotel.

Posted by
468 posts

We stayed at the Marker on Grand Canal Square (Now called Anantara Marker). Very cool re-developed area and great location on the river. It might be more pricey now--we went a ways back in 2015. When are you looking at going? Season may affect the price.

Posted by
9436 posts

As Pete said, time of year affects price. We stayed at the Hyatt Centric 6 nights ago and loved it. It’s in the heart of Dublin, a 1 min walk to St Patrick’s Cathedral. We paid $199 per night, taxes included, for a large room with two beds. Extensive breakfast was €14 pp, and worth it.

We stayed at Buswell’s in 2017 and it was very nice and great location. We will be staying there again on our next Dublin trip. The Archeology Museum is very close by.

Posted by
423 posts

Hello,
Wound up staying at The Grafton Hotel and it was a great location easy to walk everywhere and access to public transport. Also stayed a night before long-haul flight at The Clayton Airport Hotel which had a free shuttle to/from airport, goid restaurant and was really clean and friendly staff- both hotels are recommended.

Posted by
102 posts

We stayed at the Ariel House in Dublin last May .
It was $255 with tax and it was excellent. Breakfast was included.

Posted by
986 posts

Everyone obviously has his/her favorite, but our stay at the Clontarf Castle Hotel last summer was spectacular. We'll stay there whenever we return to Dublin.