Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Dublin

Making a trip to Ireland this Sept. Has anyone stayed at the Trinity Lodge in Dublin? If so, do you suggest Trinity? Any other suggestions? Was the location good to walk to downtown?

Posted by
118 posts

Hi beckyobannon! We stayed at Bloom Hotel on Anglesea St. It was close to St Andrews (great tourist information inside.) where a lot of the tours start, Grafton Street and St Stephens Green and O'Connell bridge. I don't know about that hotel, but if you are in this area, you are walking distance to a lot of the city. I know you will enjoy Dublin..hard not to. Get to the Wicklow mountains if you can. Enjoy!

Posted by
2829 posts

Here's the TripAdvisor review of Trinity Lodge for info: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186605-d213279-Reviews-Trinity_Lodge-Dublin_County_Dublin.html
You might want to scroll thru the remarks from the various reviewers, which should give you a good "warts and all" overview of the property.
Both Trip Advisor and www.booking.com are pretty good search engines for finding accommodation, and we've found that by using the map feature and the various filters we're able to narrow our own searches pretty quickly. Might add that once you've narrowed it down to one or two properties it's usually a good idea to check their individual websites for a possible direct booking - can sometimes get better deals by booking direct, and on occasion they may offer some other freebies ( WiFi, breakfast, parking etc) that you might not otherwise qualify for by booking via a search engine.

Posted by
40 posts

I rented an apt through Air BnB on Cow's Lane. We loved the location, at the far edge of Temple Bar, and the top floor apartment had a wraparound corner balcony....plus it was very near transit options. Our dates in Dublin coincided with a major rugby event, and it was FAR more affordable to rent an entire apartment than just a hotel room.

Posted by
6569 posts

I stayed there back in 2010 so I'm sure it has changed since then. I wasn't impressed, but our room was the only one downstairs right below the front door, so anytime someone entered the hotel we could hear almost everything. Breakfast was ok but across the street at the lodge's annex. The location is fine for walking around since Dublin isn't that large.

Posted by
117 posts

I highly recommend the Drury Court Hotel. Great location and a comfortable hotel...the price was decent too.

Posted by
25 posts

I recently stayed at two hotels in Dublin. One was O'Callaghan's Alexander and the other was Buswells. Both are very centrally located near Merrion Square and St. Stephen's Green. I'd recommend both but Buswell's is nicer and is basically next door to the National Archeology Museum which is a must-see.