Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Dublin

We are headed to Dublin in May. OMG the hotel prices. Any one have any ideas on how to find reasonable lodging?? We are in our 60's so no hostels . lol I have checked every site I can think of, everything is so over priced. Even checked the hotels website which seem more. Odd Anyone have a good reasonable hotels close to or near to city center?? Or guest house, B&B?? We like a small establishment. Thanks

Posted by
1650 posts

We stayed at the Staycity Aparthotel Dublin Castle last May. (We are also in our 60s.) The rooms are small, and there's no air conditioning.but there is a bit of a kitchenette (saves money), the bathrooms are nice, and there are USB plugs and regular plugs in the headboard, which is convenient. The location was convenient, and we found the price to be among the best we found for the area. https://www.staycity.com/dublin/chancery-lane

Posted by
3224 posts

We stayed at Ariel House BnB, which is a bit out of the city center in the Ballsbridge neighborhood. Basic, but fine. Looks like they are having a spring sale too.

Posted by
101 posts

$485 for 1 night at the StayCity. Wow, wonder why so high first week in May, Seemsl like lots are filled.

Posted by
35 posts

We're heading there in July and I was a bit shocked at the prices of most of the hotels $$$$. We'd like to stay in the city center because we won't have a car, so please list more suggestions of reasonable priced lodgings!

Posted by
1650 posts

$485 night???? Wow. We didn't pay anything near that.

Just checked, and we payed 461.70 Euros for 4 nights last May, which works out to just over $115 Euros per night. (It was $513, but we joined their loyalty program and got $51.30 (10%) off the total price.) That was a fully-refundable rate up until 2 days ahead of check-in, too.

Weird.

Posted by
1 posts

It's been a number of years, but I took Rick's recommendation of the Baggot Court Townhouse B&B. It's near St. Stephen's Green on the south side of the Liffey. It's a easy walk to get to a good bit of sightseeing. I found the rooms to be clean and efficient, if a little small. But I wasn't there to stay in my room :) They provide a breakfast for a small fee in the booking rate, as well as they have free parking if you are self driving like I did. Be warned the parking is very tight and in the back of the building. You can check them out here: https://www.baggotcourt.com/ . As I said, it's been many years since I went so some things may have changed, but all in all I was very pleased with it.