Please sign in to post.

Help with Itinerary

My husband and I accompanied by our daughter and son-in-law are planning a trip to Ireland in July. We will most likely fly in and out of Shannon. Since this will be our third trip to Ireland, we would like to see parts that we have not seen before. We will spend 3 nights in Dingle, which is a priority. The dilemma is deciding what to see and where to stay the first 3 nights and the last 2 nights of the trip. We have seen most of the sights in Dublin, so we’re considering staying 2 or 3 nights at the beginning of the trip in Cork and day tripping to Cobh instead of going back to Dublin. The last night might possibly be in Ennius since it it not too far from the airport. Need suggestions for what to do and see to fill in the gaps.

Posted by
326 posts

I'm not sure I saw enough attractions in Cork to warrant a long stay there, but IMO both Cobh and Kinsale are too beautiful to miss. And the road between Cork and Kinsale is gorgeous.

If you have the time, I'd also strongly recommend driving down from Kinsale to the Old Head. It's a spectacular stretch of land.