Please sign in to post.

Galway

I need a recomendation for a B&B or hotel in central Galway. The ones listed are mega-expensive.

Posted by
6788 posts

The ones "listed" where?

We stayed at Petra House -- which was one that was listed in Rick's book. We loved the place, it was perfect for our "landing spot" in Ireland. Lovely hosts, ideal location, comfy and cozy. Prices didn't seem excessive to me.

Posted by
610 posts

We always stay at Prague House. Not luxurious rooms but good breakfast and we don't do much more than sleep in our lodging. Short walk to town center.

Posted by
7 posts

We stayed at the Asgard. Affordable, convenient location, clean, and friendly/helpful owners.

Posted by
238 posts

We also stayed at Petra House and totally agree with David's assessment.

Posted by
106 posts

As of today, what is the latest on covid testing , ect to get in and back to the US?

Posted by
44 posts

About 6 years ago my husband and I stayed at Galway City Hostel….we were both in our 60s and thoroughly enjoyed staying there. We took the train from Dublin to Galway and it was an easy walk to the hostel. The place was clean and safe and I met several travelers over 55 who were staying there. No en-suite bathrooms but what the heck…..we had a room that was about 20 feet from the dorm style bathrooms. Centrally located and the staff was wonderful!

Posted by
351 posts

I stayed at the Western Hotel, just above Eyre Square, very wlakable to bus and train stations and to everywhere I went.. It had a discount rate on several of the booking sites at the time.