Please sign in to post.

final Itinary - 5 days in ireland with kids =)

I think this is what we are thinking and would love some final advice before we book our hotels....

Thanks everyone! Some great ideas. Had to reverse our itinerary due to flight availability and price so this is what we have

Day 1 Arrive in Shannon Cliffs of Moher and Bunratty Castle (Sleep in Galway)

day 2 Aran Islands (Sleep in Galway)

Day 3 Drive down to Dingle Peninsula (sleep in Dingle)

Day 4 Dingle Peninsula (sleep in Dingle)

Day 5 Blarney castle (fly out of cork)

I think most of it is okay just concerned about day 3 because it will be 3 hours to get from Galaway to Dingle. What is there to see along the way?. We will be traveling with 3 kids ages 8, 4, and 8 months. They are well traveled and easy going. They don't like museums much but do like sites.

Posted by
295 posts

Overall your itinerary looks good. Most people would visit the Burren on the way to Dingle or stop at the Cliffs. But you are doing that earlier as well as Bunratty. If you have Rick's book he gives a suggested driving route between Galway and Dingle. He suggests driving to Tralee instead of Limerick to catch the car ferry via Listowel. There is a nice castle in Kinvarra and they do offer a medieval banquet but you might not want to wait until dinner time since you still have to reach Dingle. You are already hitting all the big recommended sights in the area so I might just drive to Dingle and then enjoy that area instead of adding another stop.