Please sign in to post.

Ennis

We will be staying in Ennis two days prior to the start of our tour. Any recommendations about what to do and how to get there, where to eat/drink?

Posted by
1189 posts

Hello from Wisconsin,
Ennis is a lovely place. You will be enchanted. Their high street, main street in our vernacular, will keep you occupied with its many shops and stores. There are nice restaurants at the top of the high street. One is called the Old Town Hall. Get a pint of Guinness and chips with curry. Last I was there you could order a side of curry dip and chips with anything.

Check to see if the Marian Store is still operating. To me it was the true sign that we were in Ireland.

And bus 51 will take you from the airport to Ennis, no worries. Costs about 6 pounds versus eight or nine times that for a taxi. The bus leaves hourly. 30 minutes riding to Ennis . Get in the swing of things right away, mass transport.

wayne iNWI

Posted by
1019 posts

We went to a concert at the Glor . Walking distance from our hotel on the 8day tour

Posted by
1878 posts

Cruise’s Pub is a good spot. I would second taking the bus from the airport, we took it all the way to Galway and the bus system works great.