Please sign in to post.

Easter In Ireland

My wife and I will be traveling to Ireland for a belated honeymoon. We are are getting in on the 3/31 with the next day being Easter. What should we expect for Easter day? Will everything be closed? Just trying to figure out what to do for that day.

Posted by
8714 posts

And where are you flying into Dublin or Shannon?

"But come Easter Sunday, everyone is out celebrating, Christ is risen, Lent is over and the pubs are open! Many towns and villages hold processions of some sort, while out in the countryside, Easter Sunday is usually a high point of the social calendar with events such as fairs and horse races packing out the pubs. And as the following Monday is also a Bank Holiday, you don't have to worry about work in the morning."

The above is from Discovering Ireland.....

Slainte

Posted by
5 posts

Thank you for that. We are flying in/out of Dublin so I think that day we may be in Kilkenny.

Posted by
409 posts

Warning!!

Almost all public transportation is not running on normal schedule that weekend!! Confirm your transportation from the airport!

The National Gallery of Ireland is open on Easter Sunday (closed Good Friday). There's some great museums in that collection!

Susan
Expat living in Waterville/Ring of Kerry/Skellig Coast