Please sign in to post.

Dublin to Ennis

What is the best way to get from the Dublin airport to Ennis? If via train, should we buy our tickets in advance?

Thank you!

Posted by
31 posts

There is train service from Dublin Heuston to Ennis. You'll have to change trains at Limerick. Don't worry about the short transfer time between trains! When I went made the ride last year, I think it was only about 5 minutes. The trains are on the same platform -- one on either side. I did buy my tickets in advance, but the Heuston train station wasn't that busy, so you'd probably be fine buying them at the station if you wanted to wait. Enjoy your trip!

Posted by
16893 posts

You don't need to buy Irish train tickets way ahead, but it is cheaper to buy them online than in the station, even from your Dublin hotel room. See www.irishrail.ie.

Posted by
15011 posts

From the Dublin Airport, take the Airlink Bus 747 to Heuston Station. (There are two different Airlink buses so make sure you get on 747.) You can buy a ticket just before getting on the bus. 6 Euros.

Get off at Heuston station which is the final stop.

Take the train to Ennis.

If you're staying at the Old Ground, it's a five minute walk from the train station. Exit out of the station, turn left and it will be on the other side of the street next to the school.

Posted by
2825 posts

While the train would certainly work, renting a car would maximize your freedom of movement...both enroute to Ennis and then after you get there.