Please sign in to post.

Dublin Hotels

I have been looking at Ashling Hotel and Trinity Lodge. Anyone stay at these? Or have a good recommendation? My thought is to not book several nights at one place thinking i do not want to be committed to stay at a less than desirable place. I've no idea how it works if you book 5 nights and want out after one night? So might book 2 nights, then extend if we like it -or- book a second place after the first 2 nights. Any advise on this? I will be traveling with my wife in early October, I think this is a bit off season so hotels may be easier to book? True? We will be using Dublin as home base for day tours out of the city. Any other advise is most welcome!

Posted by
15589 posts

Did you review online reviews? What do you imagine would be undesirable?

I looked at both websites. I think Trinity is more centrally located, but it with only 26 rooms, they may fill up for part of your stay. In fact it looks like their full up for some Friday and Saturday nights in October. Ashling has over 200 rooms so there's a better chance of availability, though you may have only the more expensive rooms to choose from. From a few tests with October dates, it looks like they are also filling up for the weekends in October.

I didn't find the Trinity's cancellation policy. It looks like you have to pay at the time of booking, so I'd call them and ask before committing. The Ashling's terms are minimum 48 hours notice for a cancellation if you book at the full price. If you take advantage of discounts, it may be non-cancellable. With 48 hours, I would expect that if you weren't happy after one night, you'd still have to pay for the next 2 at least.

Posted by
135 posts

Hi

the Ashling hotel is ideally situated for visiting the main areas of Dublin City Centre. I've driven past it a number of times, and know where it is. The Luas (Dublin tram) passes its front door, which can take you right into O'Connell St, the heart of the city, although if you are not mobility-impaired you can walk everywhere from the hotel. The Guiness store is walking distance; as is Kilmainham; Jameson Distillery etc. The Collins Barracks Museum is more or less next door, and Heuston Station is just across the river from the hotel. Indeed Phoenix Park is within 300m, and the Zoo is another 200m or so from there.