Please sign in to post.

Dublin Hotel recommendation

We're going to Dublin in mid June and need a safe, quiet hotel with an elevator that does not cost a fortune. We are willing to take public transportation but the walk cannot be too far as we have a traveler with mobility issues. Any suggestions?

Posted by
1367 posts

The Hotel Maldron on Kevin Street near St. Patrick’s cathedral may fit the bill. I have not stayed there but have walked by. According to its website it is a 5 minute walk to the light rail (Luas) and on a bus line.

Posted by
129 posts

Stayed at the Harding hotel for 5 nights this past October. Across the street from Christ Church, walking distance to just about everything (which isn't much use to you). Great pub and restaurant attached. Good sized rooms (single, double and triple) with elevator. Nice people running it. I know buses run by it, but I doubt they will be useful to you. Probably best to taxi. Most hotels in Dublin are not particularly cheap.

The lobby is a few steps above the hallway that leads to the hotel and pub, but they have a handicapped lift platform.

Posted by
1014 posts

Hotels in Dublin in June are very expensive. On my last two trips, I used airbnb's. How many are in your party? I would look at Booking.com for rooms. Also, Airbnb might work, just make sure you tell them you need ground floor if no lift is available. There flooring numbering system is different than in US. Last summer, we rented a room in a college dormitory. The bed is narrow for two, fine for one. You have kitchen privileges, so you can cook your own food. There are lifts available. There are 3, close together. Look at: Destiny Student - Mill Street West (New Mill). Maybe the studio would suit you.

https://destinystudent.cloudbeds.com/#/?city=Dublin&check_in=17/06/2020&check_out=22/06/2020&page=1

Posted by
3 posts

Here is an option that won't break your bank: The Gibson Hotel has great views of Dublin Port. Check out the roof terrace :-) It's right next to the 3Arena. We stayed there last summer and had a great experience. There are some other hotel options like the Ashling Hotel, or if you are ok with staying outside of the city, the Castleknock Hotel in Blanchardstown (about a 15min drive to the city). Enjoy!

Posted by
3122 posts

We stayed at the Harcourt Hotel in Harcourt Street. It is a couple of blocks from the airport bus stop. (Check the RS guide for which bus line takes that route) and a short walk to St. Stephens Green, Trinity College, and Grafton Street. It is clean, affordable, but blessed/cursed with several bars/pubs within earshot. The weekend we were there, the noise of people carousing out in the street was deafening from 1 am to sunrise. The hotel provided earplugs on the nightstand, and we soon realized why. So ... I'd say if you were going in winter, when people are less likely to hang out outdoors, the Harcourt Hotel might be a great choice. In June, maybe not so much.