Please sign in to post.

Dublin hotel

Have family going to Dublin for a couple days in June. Haven’t been before. Looking for hotel recommendations.

Posted by
6488 posts

Buswell's was a good choice for me, very convenient and comfortable enough, with a good breakfast. It's across the street from where the Aircoach bus from the airport stops. But there are many choices, and you may get more replies if you offer more info about budget, location, size of group, etc.

Posted by
183 posts

I’m a no on buswells. It was our least favorite hotel on our RS Ireland tour a few years ago.

Posted by
3122 posts

We stayed at the Harcourt Hotel in Harcourt Street, located an easy walk south of St. Stephens Green; Trinity College is a little further to the north but still very walkable. It was affordable, clean and pleasant. https://www.harcourthotel.ie/

I have to say we encountered a lot of noise from late night partying out in the street, but we were there on a weekend with warm, dry weather. The hotel did supply bedside earplugs--we wondered why, then found out around 2 to 5 AM each night.

Posted by
14944 posts

I'm also a no on Buswells. One of the worst, most disgusting, housekeeping experiences I've ever had in a hotel. Even the hotel manager was shocked. (I was not on a tour so I was allowed to complain.)

I can recommend the Davenport.

Posted by
6507 posts

Years ago we arrived in Dublin a day early and stayed at Albany house near St. Stephen’s Green for a night and enjoyed it. We then moved to Trinity Townhouse Hotel that we had reserved previously, and got a room beneath the main entrance. It was loud every time anybody opened the door. Breakfast was at the building across the street. Because of the noise I wouldn’t recommend it. No idea what either is like now.

Posted by
54 posts

Hi,

My partner and I just returned from 4 nights in Dublin and I had to let you know about Stauntons on the Green where we were lucky enough to stay. Beautiful old world charm, great location (walkable to all major sights), quiet, AMAZING breakfast, right across from St Stephen's park, and friendly staff. Definitely check it out!

Posted by
140 posts

In August 2019 my family and I stayed at Academy Plaza in Dublin just off O'Connell Street. It was a reasonable price and included a decent breakfast buffet. Our room was comfortable. We really liked the location, we were very close to the GPO and an easy walk to most other sights. Public transportation options were also very easily located nearby. Might be worth checking out to see if it may suit your needs?