My first trip to Ireland will be this August, and would like a bit of guidance with my itinerary. I land in Dublin on Friday, early afternoon and depart Dublin 11 days later, on a Tuesday. I plan to spend 3 nights in Dublin, 3 nights in Dingle, and 3 nights in the Galway area. My last night will be in Dublin so I have an extra night to add to one of the locations. I want to rent a car for one leg of the trip, maybe longer but I have never driven on the opposite side of the car, opposite side of the road. I am all for an adventure but don't want to wear myself out. My immediate questions:
- Would you travel Dublin-Galway-Dingle-Dublin or Dublin-Dingle-Galway-Dublin?
- Mode of travel, and approximate travel time for each leg: car, bus, train?
- Thoughts about Newgrange? I am drawn to ancient cemeteries, churches, castles, etc.
- Would you stay in Galway, or somewhere nearby?
- What about County Mayo, anything worth seeing in that area?
Thanks so much for your feedback.