Please sign in to post.

Dublin and Kenmare in March 2017

Hello friends, My cousins and I will be in Dublin for Saint Patrick's Day, from 14 to 19 March; then we will go to Kenmare from 19 to 21 March. I would like some suggestions for trips outside Dublin (excluding the 17th) and during our short staying in Kenmare. Thank you!

Posted by
75 posts

From Kenmare , Go on the ring of Kerry
Go visit Killarney, Muckross House, national Park, Ross Castle

Posted by
475 posts

Agreed from Kenmare. Outside Dublin, drive south to Powerscourt House & Gardens (beautiful) and maybe to Gledalough. Lovely areas. Another really fun thing was the Rural Nights Pub Tour we went on and they took us to the outskirts of Dublin. Was a blast!

Posted by
2 posts

Thank you Pat and Alex !. The Ring of Kerry will be then part of my Irish agenda. The tour to the rural pubs sounds truly unique. We are determined to do it.

Posted by
9363 posts

Have a "Plan B" in case weather doesn't allow you to do the Ring of Kerry. The year we tried to do it, there was dense fog and misty rain that prevented us from seeing anything on the drive. You could still do Killarney, etc., but if you plan a whole day for the RoK, you could go see the Rock of Cashel instead, or Cork/Blarney.