Please sign in to post.

Dublin Airport Transportation

Other than a cab are there any good transportation companies that are better than a cab . Going from the airport to Downtown Dublin?
Thanks
Joe

Posted by
1823 posts

Last year I took the Airlink Express. Easy to find right outside terminal and extra luggage storage area. I was lucky as my hotel was across the street from Christ Church which is one of the stops. Ask your hotel which method they recommend. That is how I learned about how close Airlink was to the hotel.

Posted by
129 posts

Thanks for that link...FYI to all, drop the characters AFTER the .PDF or you will get a "not found" message.

Posted by
14976 posts

There are basically three bus services:

Aircoach 700
Airlink 747
Airlink 757

Each has a different route. Find the nearest stop to your hotel and take the bus that stops at that one. You catch them just as you come out of the terminal.

Posted by
149 posts

Thanks for the bus link (and the explanation on how to make it work)! Found my hotel on it. Easy-peasy.

Posted by
12172 posts

In my last trip I spent more time in Dublin than I normally would and went back and forth to the airport three separate times. I ended up using 747 most, 757 once and 700 once. The only worry was the 700 ran a little behind their schedule to the airport. Some people gave up and took a cab but the bus showed up close to 15 minutes behind the last one. All run at regular intervals, so it's not too long of wait if you miss one.

Posted by
101 posts

We just got back from Rick's 14 day Best of Ireland tour (review will come at some point). We took a cab from the airport to the hotel - it was great and not overly expensive - about 25 to 30 Euros. We thought about the Airlink bus - but after flying all night we're just grateful for door-to-door service and not trying to navigate walking a few blocks or so to find the hotel.

Posted by
78 posts

The Airlink service mentioned earlier is a great call. Just a reminder that there is no Uber service in Ireland. There is traditional Uber service in Northern Ireland (since its part of the UK where the service is welcomed). You can use the Uber app in Ireland to hail a cab which is a nice bi-product but I found standing in the taxi stand areas to hail a cab was just as efficient.