Please sign in to post.

Dublin airport hotels

Looking to return car to Dublin Airport and use a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle service for a few days sightseeing. Any suggestions? Thanks.🍀

Posted by
317 posts

Hi Barb

Generally all the major hotels up at the airport have a shuttle service that will run every 15-30 minutes.

The Maldron, is Irish-owned I think, and it is less than 5 minutes walk from the Terminals (then both our Terminals are a 1minute walk from each other, its a little odd). And its usually got good rates.

Id try one of the big hotel booking sites for the best rates, I tend to find they have better rates than the hotels. Years ago I gave up booking with the hotels directly in Dublin, as I would see one price on an online booking site, then call the front desk to find they had a higher rate, Id duly explain that I found a cheaper rate online and that they would benefit financially from me not booking online through a third party. Many receptionists told me to go ahead and book online through the third party, imagine! :)

Overall though, Id advise getting a city-centre or central hotel after dropping your car off. Its only a 25 minute drive by regular public bus and theres great options for day-trips.

Le meas/with respect
Stephen McPhilemy
Ireland

Posted by
20031 posts

I've stayed at the Maldron. Big airport-type business hotel with frequent free shuttles to the airport terminal. Not bad, but almost indistinguishable from say, the Seattle Airport Hilton, characterwise. Previous suggestion is better if you want to tour Dublin for a few days. The Aircoach 700 bus runs 24 hours a day between several stops in the center of town. http://www.aircoach.ie/timetables/route-700-dublin-airport-dublin-city-centre