Please sign in to post.

Driver for Private Tour in July 2024

Who would you suggest we contact to hire a private driver with a 14 passenger vehicle for 7-8 days to take us around Ireland and Northern Ireland? We can manage everything else on our own, but we want to hire a driver to take us where we please (and when) we please. We would start in Dublin and end in Dublin and just need the driver with the vehicle to take us all the other places we have in mind.

[enter link description here][1]Hi Angie

I travelled to Ireland last year after visiting Scotland and we toured with Luxury Ireland Tours.

They provided a lovely mercedes van and the driver Pat was so nice! He had lots of stories about Ireland and he had the best accent.

They also book hotels, suggest activities and make dinner reservations. I would 100% recommend but they are more on the upmarket side for pricing but well worth it if you want a luxury trip!

Thanks Sabrina

Posted by
88 posts

Rabbies does private tours as well. I have not used them for a private tour, but I did go on a group tour with them and was pleased.

Posted by
4 posts

Hello Angie, warm greetings from Ireland.
My team and I at 'Essential Ireland Tours' have some good value-for-money private tour options, its easy to hire one of our vehicles and experienced drivers to take you and your guests around Ireland, north and south. We have fully-insured and comfy vehicles that have passenger seats for 8, 16, 24 and 33 tour-guests.
In terms of experience, I've guided Rick Steves tours Ireland tours for 20 years. I'm semi-retired from 'Rick Steves Europe' now (I've reduced from 20 weeks a year on the road for Rick to only guiding a few RS tours a year at the start and end of the season) and these days I'm focusing more on my own private tours (and my grand-daughter!)
If you haven't got sorted already, feel free to send me an email info@essentialirelandtours.com
le meas/with respect
Stephen McPhilemy
www.stevemcphilemytravels.com
www.EssentialIrelandTours.com