Please sign in to post.

Doolin

We're looking for somewhere to stay in between Killarney and Galway for a couple of nights, and Doolin looks like a fun stop. Harbor View B&B and Seascape B&B look nice. Anyone have experience in Doolin?

Posted by
509 posts

Can't help with experience at the 2 spots you mention. However, we enjoyed our stay at this AirBnB cottage outside Doolin in May 2018: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4702337

The drive in seemed like something of a goat path on arrival, but the cottage was comfortable, the host helpful, and the drive down into Doolin was easy and only 5 - 10 minutes. Views down to the harbor and village were charming. (We stayed in the "Red" cottage; adjacent is the "Blue" cottage, but I don't have the AirBnB connection for that one.)

Posted by
45 posts

A friend of ours stayed at Seascape and considers Mary Jo his friend. We weren't aware of our friend's recommendation until after we made our reservation at Dunroman House. We're heading out in a few weeks and stopping 1 night in Doolin on our way from Dingle to Galway. So excited!! My impressions are each B&B offers really nice accommodations, and I don't think any decision you make would be a bad one.

Posted by
19 posts

Thank you for your replies. Doolin seems to be a nice place to recover after 6 days of Dublin, Kilkenny, Kinsale and Killarney and before finishing up in Galway. I think we'll stay with Mary Jo at Seascape.

Posted by
508 posts

Doolin is indeed a fun place. It's actually two villages strung together over a mile or so: Fisherstreet and Roadford. There are three - maybe four - pubs with trad sessions every night in the summer. O'Connor's is considered the "granddaddy" of trad pubs and is the venue to which budding musicians from all over Europe flock to play with their more experienced brethern.

The village is also the departure point for ferries to the Aran Islands.

We've stayed at the Fisherman's Rest B&B twice and love its attractive rooms and large, open breakfast room. It's a two-minute walk behind O'Connor's. Danny and Mairead are superb hosts.

http://accommodationdoolin.com/

Posted by
19 posts

Thanks, David. We have picked a popular weekend and I'm having trouble finding rooms. Thanks for your suggestion.

Posted by
138 posts

We stayed at Moloney House B&B in Doolin - www.moloneyhouse.ie. The owners were very friendly, the room was nice and they had a wonderful breakfast. In the evening they had a fire going in the living room and it was nice to just spend a little time in front of the fire when we got back from the pub.

Posted by
29 posts

We too had a hard time finding a room. We stayed at Nellie Dee's B &B. Clean and nice breakfast. I loved their wood floors.