Please sign in to post.

Dingle to Galway

Hi fellow travelers!

We are staying 2 nights in Dingle then plan to travel to Galway. We want to do the Cliffs and Bunratty and maybe Adare on the way to Galway if possible.
I have gotten mixed opinions about this being too much. First of all is it too much? Also what route would you take? Should we take the ferry to the Cliffs then to Bunratty or should we go via Limerick and go to Bunratty first then the Cliffs. Someone told us the drive from the Cliffs to Galway is kind of scary.

Help!

Posted by
1172 posts

We did it but ended up not stopping in Adare as it was pouring rain. We left Dingle at about 9:15, drove to Bunratty, had lunch spent some time, drove to the Cliffs and then pulled into Galway around 7:15. This was in the summer so still had plenty of daylight.
It was a long day but a fun one!

Posted by
9 posts

Thank you Sharon! How were the roads from the cliffs to Galway! That is the part I am most hesitant about.

Posted by
1172 posts

So sorry for all my typos... the roads were fine... The road out from Dingle over Connor Pass had some narrow areas but the scenery was gorgeous and you just need to take your time!

Posted by
433 posts

I think we left around 7:00 AM, did Conor's Pass, the Cliffs, the burren, a drive thru a field and arrived around 3:30PM. Would've been earlier, but I was driving around for about 1/2 hour looking for the rental car drop off spot.

Posted by
9 posts

Thanks Warren

Did you stop at Bunratty and Adare? Or did you just do Dingle to the Cliffs and then to Galway?

Posted by
433 posts

As far as I can remember, no Bunratty nor Adare.