Please sign in to post.

Dingle

We were planning a three night stay in Dingle at the end of out trip just to wind down after a week of sightseeing then driving to Shannon the last day for our flight home. I am wondering if 2 full days in Dingle is too much. Maybe spend our last three nights somewhere else. Any suggestions? Also was looking at Cilli Bhreac B&B or Milestone House. Any preferences between the two places? Thank you for your help!

Posted by
1172 posts

I don't think 2 full days would be too much. You can spend the good part of one day driving the Slea head. The beach in Dingle if gorgeous and you can do some horseback riding on it, there are some great hikes, the town is quaint and lovely to all around and shop/eat. The music scene is great as well!

Posted by
238 posts

We stayed at Milestone House both times we were in Dingle and we loved it. Barbara and Michael are wonderful hosts. They'll give you all sorts of info and tips about how the town is laid out, things to see and do and places to eat, drink and hear music. Barbara is a great storyteller and Michael's soda bread is the best! We found Dingle to be a lovely spot (obviously, since we went back for a second time) and I don't think three nights is too much. The Slea Head drive can take up most of a day which gives you a second day to wind down by exploring the town itself, do a little shopping, have a nice meal and listen to some music.

Posted by
10225 posts

I agree with everything PJ says about Milestone House. I don't think 3 nights in Dingle is too much time. It's a charming town.

Posted by
317 posts

Greetings from Dingle, 3 days is certainly not too much, as all the other comments here concur with - Its a wonderful location. Rick Steves' favourite town North of Sicily! :)
Slainte/good health
Stephen McPhilemy
Rick Steves Ireland tour-guide
Dingle, Derry and Dublin

Posted by
459 posts

I just spent 4 days in Dingle and had no problem finding things to do. I had a similar concern about "how long in Dingle" and 4 days was not "too much" in my opinion, three nights will be great.

Posted by
32 posts

Dingle was hands down the highlight of my Ireland trip....spend a day doing the slea head...also, make it over Conor's Pass and into the charming towns of Brandon and Clochan.

Posted by
409 posts

I've been to Dingle many times, and your idea of staying and relaxing there is PERFECT! Most people are rushing rushing rushing. I remember one morning, the sun was splitting the stones (as they say here) and we were staying at the wonderful Milltown House. We sat out on the lawn enjoying the tanning opportunity, played with Famous Seamus the Irish wolfhound, and then had a relaxing day wandering around. If we had to get up, see the sights, and then rush to the next place, we never would have met a local who invited us in for tea, or had time to do the extended Blasket Island eco tour. (a boat tour).

Stay - stay! Enjoy Dingle (Never leave Kerry, as I like to say!).