Please sign in to post.

Day Trips From Dublin

Good afternoon! I am traveling to Dublin in early November and will be there for 6 days. I would like to know if anyone here has stayed in Dublin and taken day trips while there. I see that Rick recommends Dublin and Dingle if one stays for 5 days which sounds great. However, I do not know that would be considered a day trip but rather an overnight one...am I correct? Are there places within an hour or two that I could go during the day and come back to Dublin at night?

I would greatly appreciate any and all information anyone is willing to provide! I've never traveled internationally so this is all new to me.
Have a great day,
Natalie

Posted by
3225 posts

This question has been posted many times on this forum. Use the search function in the top left corner to find previous threads on this.

Posted by
1366 posts

First, Dingle is NOT a day trip from Dublin.

Second, will you have a car? Taking public transit? Open to planned tours?

Finally, the short answer is yes, there are day trips from Dublin. As noted, Newgrange is a very popular and highly recommended day tour. There are also day tours to Glendalough and Powerscourt. And you can take day trips to the Cliffs of Moher and Belfast. So there are four full days right there. Note, if you go to Belfast you are travelling to the UK and will need the appropriate UK currency when using cash.

If you haven't done so already, get a guide book to decide where you want to go and what is doable.

Posted by
2 posts

Thanks for the input, all! I bought the guidebook a couple weeks ago...that's how I got to this site. Thought I'd reach out for more info since I mostly focused on travel tips and info about Dublin. Great guide!