Please sign in to post.

Christmas 2016 in Dublin

Good afternoon,
My boyfriend and I are spending Christmas in Dublin this year. Arriving Dec24 from Canada and renting a car to head to Northern Ireland on Dec26.

We were trying to reserve a nice supper for Dec25 at a restaurant. We've searched online different restaurants that offer Christmas Dinner Menu, but it is difficult to make a decision since we do not know the restaurants. Basically, we are a young couple, looking for a fun evening with amazing food (we prefer modern or traditional Irish but we are open to other suggestions) and a good ambiance/music to celebrate Christmas.

Any suggestions? Thank you again for your help!

Jessica

Posted by
199 posts

My friends dined at Fahrenheit Restaurant at Clontarf Castle Hotel, Castle Avenue, Clontarf, Dublin 3 in August. They enjoyed it very much and said the food was very good. I think they ordered a fixed price menu. Don't know if they are open on Xmas or if there is space. My friends emailed the restaurant several times to get a reservation but the restaurant was too busy to respond. Finally, a phone call worked.

Good luck and Merry Xmas!

Posted by
439 posts

One idea would be ask your hotel or B&B. I can't say for Dublin but much of Ireland shuts down during the Christmas week. Double check that any open times are not on holiday hours during your trip.