I need help! I'm trying to put together a meaning-filled experience for my daughter (8yo), who has a special connection to St.Brigid of Kildare.
- She and I will be flying into and out of Dublin en route to mainland Europe in EARLY JANUARY. We land on 1/1 mid-day, have 2 full days and fly out VERY early 1/4.
- I obviously want to go to the town of Kildare - to Brigid's Well, to Solas Bhride Center, and it would be wonderful to spend time with horses,- the "National Stud"?
- I would also like for her to see the Book of Kells at Trinity University, but I probably would not want to spend too much time in the city.
- Celtic tradition and monasticism are important and meaningful for us.
- What else can/should we do?
- How should we travel? (Is weather too treacherous in Jan. to rent a car?)
- Suggestions for accommodations?
- Are there any "secret" sites (not commonly known to 'outsiders') around the region that are a "must see" or a "must do"?
I really appreciate any feedback. I think I'm especially feeling the pressure of having such little time in a land that is so rich in beauty, in history and in spirit.