Please sign in to post.

Cell Phone

My boss and family is travelling to Ireland, landing in Shannon. They want to purchase a cell phone to use while there. Any advise on where to purchase one? In the airport? Thanks in advance!

Posted by
178 posts

Check with your cell phone provider and see if they have any travel plans you can purchase.

Posted by
141 posts

They did that last time and had an issue and don't want to do it again. They would rather just buy the phone there and use it for the trip.

Posted by
985 posts

NJMOM - Eurobuzz (now operating under Mobal) gets fairly high recommendations on this site. Here is a link: Mobal phones

Posted by
1 posts

You can buy an Irish SIM card and use it in your current phone (if is unlocked or if it is a Verizon phone , which is always unlocked for International SIMS). You can go to a Carphone Warehouse store which sells the different carriers' SIMS. I bought one for the carrier 'Three' - best deal. It cost 20 Euro and had unlimited calls, texts and DATA. Which was great (cheaper than US plans), I used the GPS/Google Maps to get us all over Ireland. I was able to use it as a hotspot to give the kids wifi while we where driving.