Please sign in to post.

Bus from Belfast to Dublin Airport

I’m taking Rick’s 14-day tour which ends in Belfast and plan to take the bus from there to Dublin Airport. When should I purchase the ticket? I already have my flight booked. Thanks for any help!

Posted by
2427 posts

You can purchase the ticket online a few days before you want to leave Belfast.

Posted by
6501 posts

That's what I did last spring after finishing the same tour. I took Aircoach, there's also Translink. As far as I know they provide the same service from almost the same Belfast location, taking about two hours to DUB. My ride was easy and on time.

Posted by
2 posts

I would recommend booking soon after you get to Ireland to get the time you want. Arrive 3 hours for international flight from Dublin Airport. We took aircoach from Belfast and it was so easy, the bus stop was practically at the Europa Hotel and very easy to book.

Posted by
20 posts

Thank you all for your good advice. I will plan to make my reservations once I'm in Ireland.

Posted by
24 posts

Just getting back from a trip to N. Ireland flying in/out of Dublin, did the whole trip (including Belfast) on buses/trains. Good tips already posted here! Book/pay online with Translink or Aircoach…fares usually lower with advance purchase. Or in a pinch you can buy a ticket from the driver (just make sure to have sterling in NI and euros in the Republic although the driver between Belfast - Dublin or reverse will likely take both). Airport buses reliable, whichever carrier you use. Have a great trip!

Posted by
7 posts

there are two ways of getting from Belfast to Dublin airport the first is translink , Translink are Northern Irelands public transport company they operate a Jointly operated cross border service with Bus Eireann down to Dublin via Dublin airport this service is the X1 and X2 this can booked on the translink website (www,translink.co.uk) bus eireann are the bus company in Ireland

or use this link https://www.translink.co.uk/JourneyPlanner?OriginId=&OriginName=&OriginType=&DepartureOrArrivalDate=2022-11-03T13:11:35&isSearchByDepartureDate=true&FindBusDepartures=true&FindTrainDepartures=true&DestinationId=&DestinationName=&DestinationType=&ToAirport=true&isQuickBuy=true

the other option is the privately operated aircoach which departs from Glengall street (Yards away from the europa bus station where the translink service goes from ) www.aircoach.ie

Posted by
65 posts

For Translink I would definitely book online. From Dublin Airport to Belfast, especially. When I went in Sept, the line was long before the bus arrived. One American couple I spoke with did not get on (I had reservations and was taken to the front of the line as many did not). Not as bad coming from Belfast, but still quite a crowd looking to get on.