Please sign in to post.

Booking tours

Hi there. We will be spending about a month in Galway next December. Is it more economical to book and pay for tours in advance? If, the Connemarra, kylemore abbey etc. Buying online ahead of time it's about $57 Cdn,

Posted by
13946 posts

Are you looking at booking directly with the tour company or are you booking thru one of the 3rd party consolidators such as Viator or Get Your Guide?

I'd want to look at the cancellation policy first of all because if the weather is forecast to be crummy than you might want to change your plan. I'd also follow the tour companies you are interested in and see if prices change closer to the date. For instance look now for February and then the week ahead, etc. In looking at day tours in France, England and Scotland I've never seen a dynamic pricing situation where the cost is jacked up for last minute bookers. I've never looked at day tours in Ireland, though.

And I'd definitely book directly with the company over a 3rd party.

Posted by
17 posts

The price I found was under get your Guide" online. I'm not certain how to look directly at the company, would you point me in the right direction? Thanks so much for weighing in with my question

Posted by
88 posts

I would not book far in advance especially during December. I booked tours from Galway the day before and that was in June. I don’t think you would get any deals this far in advance, but there could be a special closer to the date of your tour. I used Galway Tour Company so you could contact them directly. I think the other local tour operator is Lally Tours.