Please sign in to post.

B&B Dublin - 3 nights July 2018

I've been hunting for a B&B for my friend and me (not romantic partners, so 2 beds or 2 rooms) in the centre of Dublin for a few weeks now. My first half-dozen picks had no availability for our mid-July dates, so I'm starting to panic that I need to find the right place RIGHT NOW. I have been focusing on the south side of the river, close to Trinity College.

Can anyone help me with neighbourhood suggestions, or your favourites B&Bs? Close in, so that we can mostly walk, and near an airport bus stop ideally. Mid-range pricing, which I guess means around E100/room/night. Does that sound about right?

I am still considering Trinity College housing, which is available but a bit more institutional than what I had in mind. Looks okay, though, has anyone stayed there and if so, what did you think?

I have searched threads here, I'm not that lazy, but nothing has quite panned out. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Posted by
2448 posts

I stayed in Trinity College housing last August. It was institutional, all right, but ok. It was great to be able to roll out of bed, have a really good breakfast at The Buttery (the college cafeteria), then get in line for the Book of Kells. The hall I stayed in was Goldsmith Hall, out on the far northeast corner of the campus. It was about a ten-minute walk from the registration area. There are other dorms a lot closer by. In my dorm, the rooms are arranged into suites, with kitchens (although each bedroom locks). I brought a doggie bag back from dinner, stashed it in the fridge, and microwaved and ate it the next morning. Then, I went out to the street along the south end of campus and caught the Aircoach bus to the airport. One thing I'll say in general about Trinity College is that the security is really stringent, and it's a good idea to check with someone about how to get into and out of the campus at particular times.