Please sign in to post.

April 2019 first time trip suggestions needed

Planning 13.5 day trip, landing in Belfast and returning to US from Dublin. Planning 2 full days in Belfast, 1 night on NE Atrium coast (maybe overnight in Ballymena - looking for suggestions), and 2 nights at Giants Causeway to photograph in various lights. I am thinking next flying from Belfast to somewhere else (maybe Scotland) for 2 full days then flying from there to Dublin for 2 full days in Dublin and 2 days excursions outside Dublin.... any suggestions?
I plan to rent a car for the coastal drive to NE Atrium and Giants Causeway. Probably not rent a car in Dublin, but do small group day tours or private. Primary interests: photography.
I would love suggestions for specific places to go, particularly from Dublin. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
852 posts

Instead of flying to somewhere outside of Ireland why not just hop on the train to Galway for a couple of days. There is a lot to photograph in that area. Taking the train somewhere is going to be a lot less hassle than going through an airport several times. Take a day tour from Dublin that includes Newgrange for sure, and possible another one to Glendalough.