Please sign in to post.

Airbnb in Ireland

Does anyone know what has been decided on Airbnb rentals in Dublin and all of Ireland? I had read restrictions were going into place June 1st on short term rentals. Any news on this???

Posted by
776 posts

Wow this will really impact the plans we have for Ireland in the fall. We had planned to mostly stay in Airbnb's because self catering apartment hotels are few and far between in most places we have searched for our trip.

If anyone has great apartment hotels they can recommend anywhere in Ireland and Northern Ireland (UK) please let me know.

Posted by
217 posts

Apartment hotels are rare in Ireland. Best to search for self-catering apartments, houses or cottages.

Posted by
776 posts

I am seeing that. I hope that the places I find are legit. I would hate to get there and have a problem.

Posted by
94 posts

I am checking to see how this affects our current reservation at a Dublin AirBnB. Thank you for the post and awareness. This is a link to the "rent pressure zones" in Ireland. Basically, this applies to the largest cities: https://onestopshop.rtb.ie/rent-pressure-zones/

Posted by
12172 posts

I only stayed in one Airbnb in Ireland this trip. I had no issues - but it was May 20th.

Posted by
266 posts

One article states that: “MINISTER FOR HOUSING Eoghan Murphy this morning confirmed that under new laws home sharing on platforms such as Airbnb will only be allowed where it is a person’s primary residence. … The new short-term let regulations, kicking in on 1 June 2019, will operate on a ‘one host, one home’ model in areas of the country where there is deemed to be a high housing demand. “

With one exception, all of the AirBnB’s in Ireland that I stayed in were the primary residence of the host, so I wouldn’t expect these to be affected. In fact, I checked a couple, and they had openings available for June and later as well as June 2019 reviews.

One Dublin apartment was no longer available, but that may be due to the host moving or other reasons than the new law. There were lots of places listed for Dublin.

Raymond