Please sign in to post.

advice for tours - limited mobility

My mom and stepfather would like to go to Wales and Ireland next year. My mom has MS and has limited mobility, so a Rick Steves tour isn't going to be a good choice for them. I've never worked with any other tour companies; do you all have suggestions of where to start? I think they are leaning toward an independent trip but I want to help them identify other options before booking. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Posted by
2431 posts

I don't know about touring Wales. However, I recently took a Driftwood tour in Ireland with the Vagabond tour company - the Vagabond tours have lots of adventure activities, thus wouldn't be suitable for your folks, but the Driftwood tours are less active, and they're quite flexible in accommodating people with less mobility. For instance, on one day, several of us hiked a bit of the Cliffs of Kilkee, then a bit of the Cliffs of Moher, but anyone who didn't want to or couldn't got to stay with the van and be driven to each end destination (a restaurant with a pretty view of the Cliffs of Kilkee, then the Cliffs of Moher Visitors' Center).