Please sign in to post.

Adapters for Ireland

Hi
I’m heading over to Ireland the first week October to meet up with 7-20 October 2018
Tour

What are the best adapters for Ireland?
Are the adapters I purchased from
Rick Steves compatiable with Ireland?
I ordered 2
One is simple two prong “ continental “
I’ll only have my iPhone 6s
Another does more
“Universal adapter”
This has more outlets but is two silver prong with plastic I don’t know
I’ll not have anything but my iPhone
Continental for Ireland?
Simple one?
No hair dryer
Or any iPad such thing
Thank you

Posted by
5311 posts

If travelling to Northern Ireland you should use an adaptor that complies with British Standard BS8546. If the sales documentation doesn't mention compliance with this standard, buy something else.

Posted by
509 posts

In addition to the adapters, we traveled in Ireland in May with a small "travel charging station" by Tessan (via Amazon); there are probably dozens of similar products out there. Connecting it to a wall outlet with the adapter, we were able to charge all our gadgets (phones, Ipad, Kindle, old school camera battery); it has 2 standard 3-prong outlets and 3 USB ports. Perhaps more juice than you need, but it takes up very little room and was around $15.

Posted by
776 posts

I was coming here to ask the same question.....

So all of Ireland and Northern Ireland all take the 3 prong style like I used in the UK last year and not the European 2 prong style I used in France? So that is right?

Posted by
11294 posts

"So all of Ireland and Northern Ireland all take the 3 prong style like I used in the UK last year and not the European 2 prong style I used in France? So that is right?"

Yes.