Please sign in to post.

Accomodation Help

We are heading to Ireland for 2 weeks June 17th to July 2. We will be starting in Dublin, renting a car and heading to Kilkenny, Cork Dingle, Belfast and a few stops in between. Our question is whether or not we should book B & B or Inn type accommodation in advance or would we still find places night to night at that time of year.

Posted by
1172 posts

I always book ahead of time as I hate wasting time driving around looking for a place to stay at night.

Posted by
3122 posts

If "we" is two adults without any special requirements, and you're the adventurous type, you may be OK without advance bookings. Especially since you have a car (in which you could sleep if worse came to worst). It's always possible that a place where you want to stay has had a last-minute cancellation or can offer a discount because otherwise the room would go empty. That said, the busy & helpful TI offices of yesteryear that would cheerfully book you in at the last minute are not as well staffed or even as numerous today as they were in, say, the 1980s.

Posted by
69 posts

We are going the same time and all of our hotels, BnBs and homes are booked already. This is a very busy time of year so if you don't want to waste a bunch of time trying to find places I would book in advance.

Posted by
19 posts

Nothing new...but definitely book ahead! Especially if it is for more then two adults! We traveled with a party of 4 adults and 2 children and booked two months ahead. The only thing we would have done differently is CUT the driving time...so maybe less stops for longer periods of time.