Please sign in to post.

Accommodation in Dublin

I know that this has been asked on numerous occasions...... I would like to know where to stay in Dublin for 3 nights , I am travelling with my husband and brother.
I noticed that most of the recommendations are from US citizens and the exchange rate for them is excellent compared to the Australian Dollar. Looking at the hotels recommended on previous topics they are quite expensive.
If anyone could help in recommending a clean hotel or apartment close to the city prefer walking distance.

Posted by
281 posts

In November, we stayed at Maldron Hotel Parnell Square. This stay was part of a tour package, so we did not choose this hotel ourselves. We were happy with the accommodations. The room was clean and quiet. My husband loved the breakfast. I am gluten and lactose intolerant, and they even had options for me. We walked to and from the hotel every day for 6 days. When I checked the prices for Nov. they were 79 Euros per night for a double. I'm not sure when you are traveling or what the prices would be at that time. We had no issues with anything during our stay.

Posted by
2822 posts

We've stayed here a couple of times: https://www.leesonbridgehouse.ie/ and can recommend it.
It's about a 15 minute level walk to St Stephen's Green & Grafton St. Nice rooms, decent breakfast, reasonable prices. It's also a bit quieter that anything in central Dublin, especially if you request a room at the rear of the hotel away from the street, and there's an AirLink bus stop right in front of it.

Posted by
1172 posts

As a Canadian, I get the $ piece all too well. Not in the city centre but easily accessible by Dart is Dun Laoghaire which has more affordable options.

Posted by
345 posts

I stayed at https://anchorhousedublin.com/ at the beginning and end of a trip in July 2018. It was quiet as far as I remember, clean, helpful staff, near an airlink bus and other transportation stops. I was able to walk everywhere. It was cheaper than other places I considered. It is on the north side of the river which was fine with me and a little less touristy perhaps. Breakfast is free if you book directly. Prices seem to vary by date as well as room, but some are under $100 euros per night.

Posted by
1014 posts

When you are traveling would help a lot. Look into airbnb and really look at what the room offers and reviews. The more reviews, the better. I have use airbnb for my last 3 trips to Dublin and each time the cost was about 50-60 Euro per night. You can also look into hostels. They can be a decent option, and some can be booked by 3 persons ensuite. Hotels in Dublin are really expensive, unless you catch a really good deal. Most are 125 Euro and up per night. Be wary of per night per room and PER PERSON, per room. A 65 Euro room is not cheap when it is pp. It then becomes 130 Euro per night for 2 persons and 195 Euro for 3 persons. In US, we are used to per room, in Europe, not so much.

We used Destiny Student - Mill Street West (New Mill) last summer. It is a school dorm, so it is vacant during the summer, hence, my request on dates of travel. It fills up fast, so do not delay in booking.