Please sign in to post.

7 Day Itinerary?

We are spending ~7 days in Ireland and I have drafted up the following itinerary....Do you see any glaring issues or crazy goals? We want to see a lot, but not be running from place to place....Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

Day 1 Fly to Shannon, Ireland (arrive 4:15pm)/Catch Cliffs of Moher Sunset?/Hotel near Cliffs

Day 2 Cliffs of Moher/Drive to Dingle/Hotel in Dingle

Day 3 Dingle/Killarney National Park/Hotel in Dingle

Day 4 Drive to Rock of Cashel/Drive to Dublin/Hotel in Dublin

Day 5 Drive to Glendalough & Wicklow Mts/Hotel in Dublin

Day 6 Dublin

Day 7 Dublin - Flight Departs at 4:20

Posted by
3122 posts

Just curious about Days 4 & 5 -- you plan to sleep in Dublin but you'll still have your rental car, is that right? I personally have not driven in Dublin, but riding in taxis and buses made me aware of the labyrinth of one-way streets and construction-related street closings. You might be better staying the night of Day 4 outside the city, then turning in your car at the end of Day 5?

Posted by
2367 posts

We have driven in Dublin. Advice is definitely do not do this. Maybe you can rearrange your plans and stay in Cashel, go to Glendalough, return car to airport, get transport into the city and just use public transport.

Posted by
2712 posts

I think you're short changing Dingle, my favorite place in Ireland. You'll have no time for the Dingle peninsula if you try to go to Killarney NP. I would add a night in Dingle. But then you'd have to drop a night in Dublin. I'm not a big fan of Dublin, so that wouldn't bother me. If there are things you want to see there (I did love Trinity Library), then you'd have to give up Glendalough & the Wicklow Mountains or try to squeeze it in the morning of Day 7 since you have a late afternoon flight. Tough call.

I do agree that you don't want a car in Dublin. We drove around the city for a couple of hours trying to find our hotel. It was hell. Even when we found it, it took half an hour to get there because of the one way streets.