Hello! We're traveling to Ireland in late April / early May. Will not have a car. Want to see the Burren, Cliffs of Mohr, and Connemara BUT want to avoid cramming too much in. A big part of this trip will be spent lounging in cafes and pubs, people-watching, and just strolling through the various towns checking things out and talking to people along the way. Would prefer to see the off-the-beaten track stuff and are aiming to get out for some hiking. Our draft itinerary is --
- 5 nights in Dublin;
- train to Galway and bus to Clifden (2-3 nights);
- bus to Galway (2 nights);
- bus to Doolin for 2 nights (options of things to see/do: walk out to Cliffs of Mohr and back; the boat cruise along the Cliffs; trip to Aran Islands);
- bus to Ennis for one night before we fly out.
This looks a bit busy to me but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to drop (if anything). Thoughts? Would appreciate any advice / suggestions. Thank you!!
- Laura from Washington, DC