Please sign in to post.

2 Days in Dublin

Dublin: We are scheduled to arrive in Dublin at 7:30 am. on a Saturday and have that day and then next in Dublin. Rather than picking up our rental car upon arrival we plan to take a bus to the hotel, leave our luggage and do a little exploring; Guinness Storehouse is within walking distance. The next day we plan to do a hop-on hop-off bus tour and the following morning return to the Airport to pick up the car. The two main attractions are Guinness Storehouse and Trinity College/Book of Kells and we want to skip the lines at both.

There seem to be several options, passes, tours, etc but I'm not sure what makes most sense so I'm hoping someone with experience can enlighten me.

Any suggestions and advice will be appreciated.

Posted by
3122 posts

The RS Guide to Ireland describes Dublin sights with a star system for priorities. We followed it for our 2 days there and were quite happy.

Could you clarify how a rental car fits into your plan? Are you going to be in Ireland more than 2 days, and on this post you're just asking about Dublin? Otherwise, if you're only going to be in Ireland for the 2 days and they will be spent in Dublin, there's no reason to rent a car.

Posted by
1172 posts

For book of Kells, I would just buy you ticket online for the day and time you want to go. When you get there you get to walk right in.

Posted by
8 posts

Rental Car: Yes we have 9 nights in Ireland, the 1st 2 are in Dublin. The package actually includes the rental for the entire time but driving on the left, and in an unfamiliar city it seemed easier to leave the rental at the airport those 1st 2 days.

Thanks for your reply!
Keith