Please sign in to post.

Ireland in March

I'm thinking about going to Ireland in March of 2015 and spending some time by the coast..but someplace not too far from a city, should I need to go. I don't mind rough weather and could rent a car.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Jan

Posted by
9363 posts

That could be just about anywhere in Ireland. What are you interested in doing or seeing while you are there? What is your budget?

Posted by
10344 posts

Bring outer rain gear.
And shoes that are good in wet conditions.
And layers of clothing.

Posted by
253 posts

If you want good ideas you have to give some decent information. How long would you go for? Why are you going? Solo? What do you like? Music, hikes, scenery, history, driving, boat trips, fishing, fine dining, hotels or B&Bs etc etc.,,,??

Posted by
295 posts

Jan: I would suggest the West Coast. Its truly beautiful and I prefer that area. You could stay outside of Galway. From there you could explore the Burren, Connemara, Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands. Or try Kinsale and then Cork would be close by if you needed a big city. The weather will be like Seattle but you want have any crowds.

Posted by
8 posts

I agree with Jen! I just went this past March with my husband and we actually had GREAT weather! Only a day maybe two with rain, we got really lucky! We stayed in Galway for a few days which was beautiful and there is so much to wonder around to in the area. If you want something even a bit more secluded there is a very cute seaside town called Skerries which is just North of Dublin. We were only there for a night but it was so cute and all the bed and breakfast places were extremely friendly. We went to one hoping to stay there but had no room so they gave their neighbor a call who had a B&B to take us in (Jantol House). Short walking distance right to the beach and around the harbor, perfect place!

http://jantolhouse.com/accommodation.htm