Please sign in to post.

Solo Female Traveler?

Hello,

I am in a bit of a dilemma. I planned a trip for a friend and me to go to Dublin, London and Paris for two weeks and now it appears he can no longer go. The trip is a week away and I really do not want to cancel the trip. I am a 22 year old female, would be safe/fun for me to go alone? Or should I postpone to some other time?

Posted by
2347 posts

If was my trip, I would not at all cancel. Have been to all three countries as a young student and then as a mature adult traveling alone and have felt safe in all these places, as well as others. Just use your common sense and don't do anything there that you would not do at home, such as drinking too much, etc. fun is what you make of any trip and you may be pleasantly surprised at how much you will enjoy yourself.

Posted by
11507 posts

PS look this up Rural Pub Tours ..we took one in dunlin and there was a solo 20 yr old on it, she had fun as we all did!

Posted by
16893 posts

All signs say, "GO." See duplicate threads.

Posted by
8 posts

Thank you for everyone who replied! Unfortunately for me, I still do have to cancel my trip. I can rest assured though that for any future endeavors I will not hesitate to traveling alone. Thank you!

Posted by
1 posts

No, please do not cancel! I am a single female, (a little older, though!) and am planning a trip in September. You can do it, just be careful!