Please sign in to post.

Wow Air

I was wondering if anyone has experience with Wow air. I am flying with them for the 1st time in May (Montreal to Iceland - direct) and after having read some reviews on trip advisor I am a little nervous. We upgraded our flight ticket so we could have the XXL seats. Any tips or things to look out for would be much appreciated!

Posted by
7049 posts

Well, keep in mind that people don't write reviews every time they have a mundane flight, which is most of the time. You will not find any airline (except maybe a 5-star airline) that doesn't have some negative reviews. As long as you know what to expect, especially in terms of total costs, you should be fine. Read the fine print and make sure you're covered as far as food, luggage, etc is concerned.

Posted by
7839 posts

What are you nervous about? Reading reviews of any of the airlines will make a person nervous.

Posted by
13 posts

My main concern is that they often cancel flights and I have a very tight schedule for my trip. As previously mention people only right to complain typically so I'm not sure how how often this does actually happen.

Posted by
7839 posts

Cancellations; there may be something to that as my last flight on Wow was canceled out of Paris on Saturday in January 2018 when there was some horrible weather on the East Coast but I had no obligations and they paid to put us in a hotel 2 nights.

Posted by
4 posts

I have flown them to Iceland once (I have been there 3 times) as long as you understand that they nickel & dime you to death, you'll be fine. Enjoy your trip, Iceland has a lot to offer, I would go back in a heartbeat.

Posted by
5697 posts

Cancellations -- happens on big-name airlines, too. The question is how quickly the airline can get you to your destination. Airlines with many flights or travel partners have a better chance of same-day alternatives if it's just an equipment problem. For bad weather or volcanoes, everyone is in the same boat.

Posted by
13 posts

Thanks 29 - yes lukily i read all the fine print and upgraded my ticket to ensure that it inlcudes everthing :)

Posted by
98 posts

Have flown them twice and they are fine. Like has been mentioned---you get what you pay for. So just be aware of their rules on baggage (check and carry on) and maximize what you do there. But flight was fine. Don't expect to get anything fancy on the flight in terms of food or drink (so just take your own). But they do have very cheap flights to get from point A to B, and for that, they are just fine.