Please sign in to post.

Which hotel

HI
I currently have 3 rooms booked for the Center Hotel Plaza and the Grandi by Center Hotels for late June. Which do you recommend that would have a very good breakfast, clean, quiet at night and walking distance to restaurants.
Also, any hidden gem local restaurants in Reykjavik? Not the typical tourist spots. Have been a few times and looking for something different
Thank you

Posted by
1968 posts

I am not sure it is a hidden gem, but we loved Messinn on our most recent trip. We found it from our food tour and went back on our last night. It is off the main street, so you need to know where it is to look for it. It was excellent, and a couple of the dishes that we had I asked the chef for the recipe and he was so kind and shared.

Posted by
658 posts

Have you looked at the TripAdvisor reviews for those hotels? When I was looking around there were some that were much noisier than others, although I can't remember the details since it was a year ago.

Posted by
1968 posts

The Arctic char and the Plokkfiskur. I actually made the Arctic char from their recipe again last night. Sooo good!