Please sign in to post.

Short layover in Reykjavik

We have a one hour connection in Reykjavik for our flight home in May from Norway. It was our only option from Bergen to Seattle. I am worried that one hour will not be enough time to connect. Has anyone had the same problem and successfully made their flight? I have heard that the airport in Reykjavik is rather chaotic.

Posted by
4637 posts

One hour will be enough. Airport in Reykjavik is small and well organized. They hold the connecting planes until everybody gets through passport control. I flew via Reykjavik several times and always made the connection. I never heard that somebody would not.

Posted by
6501 posts

They do this every day, flights between Europe and Iceland, Iceland and US, most connecting within an hour or so. It's a small airport and well organized.

Last time we had several hours' layover, unusually, and we rode buses to the aircraft. This meant lots of people lined up at the gate waiting for the bus. It seemed chaotic at times and the staff there weren't very helpful, but they got the job done.

Posted by
243 posts

No problem. We've done this a lot. It doesn't seem feasable in your mind but it really does work.

Posted by
7836 posts

They've mastered the layover in Reykjavik. You get off one plane go through immigration passport control and then right to your connection already in the process of boarding. I have connected 5 times in 17 months never missed.

Posted by
8942 posts

Just did this trip, back and forth from Frankfurt to Seattle. Easy, peasy. Have done it about 8 times now, always with a short 1 hour or less connection.