Please sign in to post.

Medical Insurance

We - senior citizens - are traveling to Iceland this fall and will need to secure a medical insurance policy as Medicare doesn't cover us outside the U.S. Unfortunately, I'm not finding the policy or contact info from our last trip, so I'd appreciate any and all recommendations. I'm most interested in medical insurance rather than trip cancellation insurance which seems to be the primary result to my google search. Thanks much.

Posted by
2468 posts

We use either Travel Insured or DAN, along with Med Jet. Our insurance here at home is Tricare, and is like Medicare where it does not cover us outside of the US. We too buy it only for the medical aspect. If you are doing more than one trip a year, an annual policy will be better. Travel Insured has them, but not for our state of WA, so that is when we go to DAN and get the annual policies.

Enjoy Iceland, it is amazing!

Posted by
730 posts

We use GeoBlue, and I know some on this forum use Allianz. And then there's MedJet for medical evacuations as well.
We submitted a claim with GeoBlue for a non emergency medical treatment we needed in France, and it was a simple process to get a refund of our money spent. Keep all receipts, etc.