Please sign in to post.

Iceland in August

Hi everyone.

I’m planing to arrive Iceland in August.
I want to do all the best attractions on Iceland.
And I’m planing to rent an 4x4 car.
Can you tell me please, if I’m want to go by my self to the attractions on Iceland,
there is a free pass card for all the best attractions on Iceland in reasonable price, if I’m going by my self with my car, and not need a guide, just the entery for all the best attractions?
There is something like this??
And then it will be very cheap?

I will be waiting for your answer soon.

Ty very much for all!!!

Idan.

Posted by
6369 posts

I want to do all the best attractions on Iceland. And I’m planing to
rent an 4x4 car.

If you plan to drive around Iceland yourself, make sure to follow every single traffic law. I see a lot of people here and on other forums complaining about high Italian and Spanish fines. I guess they have never been to Iceland. Speeding on Iceland can cost you up to 150,000 kronur (over 1000 USD). And remember that off road driving is strictly prohibited and can lead to fines of up to 500,000 kronur (a bit over 3500 USD).

And then it will be very cheap?

Nothing is cheap on Iceland.

Posted by
2916 posts

My one comment is that the word "cheap" doesn't go together with Iceland.

Posted by
4535 posts

As far as I know, there is no discount entry pass "card" for the major sites. And Iceland is very expensive. Nothing about it will be "cheap." And I definitely recommend investing in a good guidebook or two.

Posted by
672 posts

What kind of "attractions" are you looking for? Iceland has the best waterfalls in the world, and you can see them for free. Or is there something else you are anticipating doing?

Why are you renting a 4x4? Are you planning on going on the F Roads by yourself? Have you looked at the cost of vehicle rental?

Posted by
3 posts

Hi.

Ty very much for all of your help!! I’m really appreciate that! :)

So first of all, yes I’m planing to rent 4x4 car, from the reason I want to get to the highland places, which it means to drive on the F roads.
Yes, I checked the price’s of 4x4 car.. I found good deal with high rate rental company.
SUZUKI JIMNY for 7 days include basic insurance in 550 USD.
So I took it into account.

I just want to get all the attraction I will detail to you now in one price, or something like ticket attractions.
* 4x4 tour - for one day, or less. - A challenging trip in the amazing nature of Iceland, crossing rivers, hills, mud, etc .. A challenging jeep tour for one day or a few hours in generally.

• ALL THE WATERFALLS, (Golfuss waterfalls, Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Jökulsárlón, Gljufrabui, Skaftafell, Godafoss, etc....) Whales cruise, National Birds of Iceland, Blue Lagoon, Strokkur Geysir, The Great Geysir, Breiðafjörður, Aldeyjarfoss, Kleifarvatn, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon boat tour, Dyrholaey, The Northern Lights, The Diamond Circle, Þórsmörk, Fjaðrárgljúfur, Gljufrabui, Kleifarvatn, Breiðamerkurjökull, Selfoss, Dettifoss, Snæfellsnes, Reynisdrangar, Vatnajökull, Askja..

That’s it.. what do you say? Can you see couple of places, which are finds in the same area? What free entery? What cost money?..
Do you Have more recommend good places I didn’t mention?
Sorry if I want to see too much.

I will be waiting for answer from you soon,

Ty very much,

Idan.