Please sign in to post.

Iceland in August

Hi.

I don’t know why it’s not let me write a comment In the first topic I opened, so I’m writing my comment here as continuation to the first topic..
So..

Ty very much for all of your help!! I’m really appreciate that! :)

So first of all, yes I’m planing to rent 4x4 car, from the reason I want to get to the highland places, which it means to drive on the F roads.
Yes, I checked the price’s of 4x4 car.. I found good deal with high rate rental company.
SUZUKI JIMNY for 7 days include basic insurance in 550 USD.
So I took it into account.

I just want to get all the attraction I will detail to you now in one price, or something like ticket attractions.
* 4x4 tour - for one day, or less. - A challenging trip in the amazing nature of Iceland, crossing rivers, hills, mud, etc .. A challenging jeep tour for one day or a few hours in generally.

• ALL THE WATERFALLS, (Golfuss waterfalls, Skógafoss, Seljalandsfoss, Jökulsárlón, Gljufrabui, Skaftafell, Godafoss, etc....) Whales cruise, The National Birds of Iceland, Blue Lagoon, Strokkur Geysir, The great Geysir, Breiðafjörður, Aldeyjarfoss, Kleifarvatn, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon boat tour, Dyrholaey, The Northern Lights, The Diamond Circle, Þórsmörk, Fjaðrárgljúfur, Gljufrabui, Kleifarvatn, Breiðamerkurjökull, Selfoss, Dettifoss, Snæfellsnes, Reynisdrangar.

That’s it.. what do you say? Can you see couple of places, which are finds in the same area? What free entery? What cost money?..
More recommend good place’s I didn’t mention?
Sorry if I want to see too much.

I will be waiting for answer from you soon,

Ty very much,

Idan.

Posted by
7360 posts

Our visit 3 years ago was in very early April, so winter-like conditions in much of Iceland meant a lot less was accessible than you’d have in the summertime. The Gulfoss falls were spectacular, though.

There may be other whale-watching tours in other parts of Iceland, but our tour with Elding in Reykjavik was outstanding!

Although the Northern Lights occur year-round, they aren’t necessarily viewable in the northern hemisphere in August, because it stays so light for so long at night. Aurora Borealis are typically more viewable from September thru March, sometimes into April. We didn’t see them in April, because it was so overcast at night. You might get to see some in August, but it’s not the ideal month.

For a light show in August, the Aurora Australis, in the wilds of Australia, would be a better bet.

Posted by
6384 posts

Don't count on the Northern lights, as mentioned August is too early in the season. Also, Iceland is really not the best place to see them. You should keep your eyes open as you might be lucky, but if they are the main reason for the trip there are better places to go.