Please sign in to post.

Booking in advance

Hello, we will be visiting Reykjavik next week for 5 nights. Are there any sites that we need to book in advance other than Blue Lagoon? We will have a rental car although I am thinking of taking a tour to the south coast and jökulsárlón glacier lagoon. Any specific recommendation for the tour? Thanks

Posted by
12 posts

you can do the south coast tour and jokulsarlon yourself without a tour, that's what we jsut did and it was highly manageable. we wished we DID book ferry tickets to westman islands in advance rather than the night before because we would have had more time options than we ended up with. for rekyjavik just book dinners if you are eating at exclusive, busy places that require reservations.

Posted by
61 posts

Thanks, rockviolet15. Did you combine south coast, jökulsárlón glacier, and Westman islands, all in one day from Reykjavik? Could you please share your itinerary? I will the only one driving although I enjoy long drives. Thanks

Posted by
681 posts

We just came back from Iceland. I would recommend doing the South Coast, spending the night fairly close to glacier lagoon, getting tickets for the glacier (we did the zodiac because the others were sold out-but were so glad and it may be more expensive but we got closer and smaller group) and then driving back to Reykjavik. It is tooooo long of a day to try it any other way. The driving is easy but LONG and very tiring. There is lots to see and do on the SouthCoast. Good luck