Please sign in to post.

Zagreb

Can you give me some info on the city of Zagreb
Stopping maybe for a couple of days not sure what to see and also anyone been there could tell me the name of the main train station and moneys used.

Posted by
3816 posts

It is the Zagreb Glavni and they use local currency, the Kuna. Zagreb is a small city and very different from the coastal towns which most people visit. There is an Upper and Lower town which is easy to walk between or you can take the funicular up and down. It is no where near as hilly as the coast. There are a few nice museums, and a few Churches. The most famous probably being St. Mark’s in the Upper Town. It is the Church they always show with the decorative tiles on top. Like most European cities, they have an outdoor market plus they have an indoor market nearby. They have beautiful old buildings and lovely parks for a nice stroll. You don’t need too many days there, but it is nice to visit.

Posted by
4637 posts

I am not aware of any Zagreb in Hungary. I know one Zagreb which is the capital of Croatia. The currency is kuna. I've been to Zagreb long time ago. It was still Yugoslavia and currency was dinar. Main Train Station Zagreb - that was the name of main train station in Zagreb. I walked little bit around. Nothing spectacular. There are many more photogenic cities and towns in Croatia.

Posted by
4637 posts

Many more towns were in Hungary then. Mukacevo (read Mukachevo) is a shining example. If I am not mistaken it was in Austria, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, USSR and now in Ukraine.

Posted by
27057 posts

I'm a Zagreb fan. There are many museums, from small single-artist places to larger institutions befitting a capital city. I especially enjoyed the small Naïve Art Museum and the Museum of Broken Relationships. You can spend hours wandering around the historic center.