Please sign in to post.

Where to buy Rick Steve's' book in Budapest

Hi,

We have just arrived in Budapest and I was wondering if it was possible to buy Rick Steve's guide book on Budapest anywhere here? Silly me has left mine at home!!! Desperate to get a copy.

We are staying in the 1052 Budapest Haris Koz area.

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Kind regards

Russell.

Posted by
9549 posts

Bestsellers, an English-language bookstore in Pest.

Address:
Number 11 on October 6 utca (street)
In the 5th district

Phone: +361 312-1295

Open Monday through Friday 9 am to 6:30 pm
Saturday 11 am to 6 pm
Sunday noon to 6 pm

Bestsellers@bestsellers.hu

This place was my lifeline when I taught English in Hungary more than 20 years ago, a delightful place!!

Posted by
495 posts

Russell,

The Central European University Bookstore sells guidebooks -- and other books -- in English. It's at Zrinyi utca 12, district V. It's near St. Istvan's Basilica.

Rick's guide book also recommends Bestsellers (Oktober 6 utca), Red Bus Bookstore (Semmelweis utca 14) and The Discover Budapest (Lazar utca 16) bookstores.

Posted by
16893 posts

I like my guidebooks in print, but if all else fails, you can buy the e-book version from Amazon or Barnes & Noble online.

Posted by
45 posts

Thank you all for your very quick and great responses. I found the Rick Steve's book today at Booksellers, so I am a happy boy.....thanks Kim for the suggestion. It wasn't that far away either...a lovely walk from where we are.

Laura....I did download the ebook Version, but my iOS is out of date on my iPad so it would not open and I can't do that until I get back home. I now have three copies of it!!!!

Thanks again. This is great when very informative people can help others.

Kind regards

Russell.

Posted by
9549 posts

Mission accomplished! Now enjoy Budapest! I'm very jealous that you're there!