Please sign in to post.

Train from Budapest to Vienna

We're thinking of taking the train from Budapest to Vienna after our Prague-Budapest tour. Has anyone taken that train trip? Any advice? Also, any advice on where to stay in Vienna?

Thanks!

Posted by
8142 posts

The train from Budapest to Vienna takes about 2 hrs. 40 minutes from the Keleti train station in Budapest.

We took the train to Bratislava and spent a couple of days there before taking a bus into Vienna. It's just 39 miles--but a world apart.

Checkout KTBoardinghouse.AT for a fabulous place to stay. Huge rooms and impeccably clean. We've been staying there 20 years. The underground is just across the street (50'), and it's 2 stops and 5 minutes to St. Stephens and the middle of the city.

Posted by
597 posts

We took the train from Budapest to Vienna and spend four days in Vienna. We spend one day doing a day trip to Bratislava, which is only one hour away.

Posted by
406 posts

Another vote for KT Boardinghouse. I stayed there for the first week of November. Unbelievable price, great location, good walking pedestrian street, walkable to the museum quarter, close metro for everything else. I loved ❤️❤️ Vienna. I took the train from Budapest to get there. Very easy.